Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

New School Year...New Blog Series! :)


a post by Jenni {aka Mom}

It’s a new school year!!! Woot! Woot! The festivities begin in the morning!

We’re super excited about this year, can you tell??

All sorts of new things have become part of our lives of late - new house, new school year, new routine…and a couple new blog series :)

I typically avoid any type of committed blog series or challenge which would tie any one of us down to “having” to post on a particular day. That said, I do see the benefit in having some sort of deadline or recurring topic which forces you to engage in the practice of writing or photography or whatever the topic of your blog may be.

Well, we may miss some weeks (I’ve got a blog-should-never-stress-real-life mentality), but as we’re launching our new homeschool year, the boys and I have decided to attempt two regular blogging days a week this school year:

·         Moments Caught Monday
Bird and I are delving deeper into the world of aperture & shutter speed, and we’re using our study as an opportunity to capture some of life’s moments as beautifully as we can. This weekly challenge is simple: each Monday either Bird or I will post a photo one of us has taken which captures a moment of life around us. The subject might be someone we love, a pet, a beautiful scene from a walk, or any number of things. Basically any “Kodak Moment” we encounter is fair game. We're amateurs, so don't expect major works of art. Do expect sweet moments and fun - consider yourselves flies on the wall of our adventure!

·         Weekly Wrap Up
As mommy-dearest, I am also going to attempt to participate in the Weekly Wrap Up hosted by Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. It’s just a chance for me each Friday to summarize and share the week’s highlights, and give our thoughts on everything from field trips to curricula to projects. Sounds right up my alley. We shall see! 

Beyond those two items I’ll continue my spotty spurts of randomness, tossing out resources, recipes, and my general two cents. Bird plans to take a more active role in the blog this year, and you may hear from Rooster from time-to-time as well.

We wish you all a happy, productive, Christ-honoring school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment