Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Moments Caught Monday ~ 10/15/12

a post by Jenni {aka Mom} 

Saturday evening the boys & I had the wonderful opportunity & privilege to see a dear friend of mine, Emily, whom I had not seen in nearly a decade. Our families go waaaaay back, and she and I became personally acquainted when I was in college at which point we rediscovered our parents’ history together. She, her husband, and their daughter live in Germany (her husband’s homeland) and this was my first opportunity to meet their daughter. What a darling, friendly, lovely, sweet, delightful, adorable little girl!! No, seriously! Once her talker was warmed up she chatted with me rather bouncily for quite some time, and I soaked up every second of it! 

Emily and her family mean so, so much to me. They remained steadfastly by my side during one of the darkest times in my life (or allowed me to cling to them while not letting on that they were inconvenienced or annoyed, perhaps!). I’m so thankful for them, and I’m so thankful for this chance to give Em a tight hug again. 

I wonder how far of a stretch it would be to schedule a field trip to Germany?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment